Water is a precious resource which is diminishing and becoming increasingly expensive. Responsible corporate and domestic consumers therefore realise the urgency to implement sustainable and effective ways to manage their water supply in order to reduce the cost of water & sanitation, and also to conserve water thereby making a positive contribution to the preservation of our environment.
INPOWER provides a comprehensive water management & sanitation service which will enable commercial, residential and industrial consumers to effectively and efficiently manage their water supply. The Water Management & Sanitation service of INPOWER Includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- INPOWER will ensure that the correct tariff is applied by the Supply Authority
- INPOWER will verify and confirm that the Supply Authority account is accurate before payment thereof.
- IPOWER will verify and confirm that the various tenants are charged at the correct tariffs, and that the calculation of the charges are correct.
- INPOWER will reconcile all water consumed and sewerage generated on the property to the Supply Authority account (only possible if correct metering is in place).
- INPOWER will read the water meters on a property and calculate the related charges thereof.
- INPOWER will consult with the Supply Authority on behalf of the Client with regards to any water & sanitation related queries, and attend to any tenant related queries that pertains to their water & sanitation consumption and charges.
- INPOWER will act as a metering consultant in the event of any metering related matters.
- INPOWER will investigate irregularities or discrepancies (only possible where testing and check meters are installed).
- INPOWER may, on the instruction of the Client, advise on the installation of water meters and may also liaise with third parties for installation of metering equipment on behalf of the Client. The Client will be responsible for all third party costs and will retain ownership of equipment installed.
- Perform regular audits on the metering installation of the Property.
- INPOWER will advise on water conservation methods.
- The instituted Western Cape provincial by-laws have become stringent and complicated. INPOWER will scrutinize the provincial by-laws to offer water audits in respect of the mentioned statutory by-laws to ensure compliance thereof. This will prevent unnecessary imposed penalties for non-conformances.
- A dripping tap or leak may waste between 30 to 60 liters of water every day, therefore INPOWER will perform physical checks for leaks and faulty meters and general basic fault finding which forms part of the statutory requirements of the provincial by-laws. In terms of the new City Water By-law it is illegal to permit pipes or water fittings to leak (Water By-law, Ch 3, Section 42(1)).
- INPOWER will, at the request of the customer, create water conservation awareness among the consumers on its property through various methods.